Chinese has been consuming alcohol tea for approximately 4,000 years. Along with fire wood, rice, oil, salt, sauce, and also vinegar, the Chinese considered tea as one of the seven necessities to begin a day.
Types of Tea
The Chinese tea might be identified into five types according to the different methods whereby it is refined. Here are the categories:
– Green Tea– is the selection which maintains the original shade of the tea leaves without fermentation throughout processing.
– Black Tea– This is called “red Chinese tea”, the kind which is fermented before cooking. Note also that black tea is a later variety established on the basis of the environment-friendly tea.
– Wulong Tea– Also referred to as Oolong Chinese tea, this category represents a selection half means in between the green and the black teas. This is being made after partial fermentation.
– Compressed Tea– is the kind of Chinese tea which is compressed and also solidified into a specific shape. Many people considered this as good for transportation and also storage as well as are mainly provided to the ethnic minorities residing in the boundary areas of the nation.
– Fragrant Tea– This sort of Chinese tea is known as “scented” due to the fact that it is made by blending fragrant blossoms in the tea leaves throughout processing. The blossoms that are commonly utilized for this function include the jasmine and magnolia, to name a few.
The Tea Production
Chinese has actually kept that a new tea plant should expand for 5 years before its fallen leaves can be chosen. The trunk of the old plant need to then be removed to compel brand-new stems to outgrow the origins in the list below year. This kind of rehabilitation should be repeated as this enables the tea plant to serve for about a hundred years.
The period of tea selecting usually depends upon the regional environment and also it differs from area to location. As you all know, China is the homeland of tea. It has tea hedges as very early as 5 to six thousand years back, and human growing of these plants go back two thousand years. Today, it was reported that tea is produced in large locations of China from Hainan Island down in the severe south to Shandong Province in the north, from Tibet in the southwest to Taiwan across the Straits. To sum up, the Chinese tea grows at greater than 20 provinces.
On the shores of West Lake in Hangzhou, where the well-known environment-friendly tea Longjing comes from, it was reported that the picking begin with the end of March and lasts through October. A skilled woman picker can only gather 600 grams of these environment-friendly tea leaves in a day.
After the harvest, the new fallen leaves must be blistered in tea cauldrons. Appropriately, this job has now been mostly mechanized, although the top quality Longjing tea still needs to be stir-parched by hand, doing only 250 grams every half hour. Then, the tea cauldrons are heated electrically to a temperature of regarding 25 degree centigrade or 74 level Fahrenheit. It then takes 4 extra pounds of fresh Chinese tea entrusts to create one extra pound of dry Chinese tea.
For the processes of grinding, parching, rolling, shaping and drying out, various type of devices have actually been created and built. This job turned out concerning 100 kilograms of ended up Chinese tea a hr, relieving the workers from much of their grind.